About the organization
Drohobych Ivan Franko State Pedagogical University (DSPU) is an academic institution with a long-standing tradition of training and improving the professional skills of a teacher. The mission of the University is to promote the sustainable innovative development of the region through the training of highly qualified specialists, the creation and dissemination of knowledge and the formation of the intellectual, social and spiritual capital of the society prepared for the future challenges. The University has formed the model of its activity on the basis of education, science and innovation, ensuring integration into the international scientific and educational space.
Drohobych University has been one of the top three pedagogical universities of Ukraine for several years in a row. The University maintains partnerships with more than 60 educational institutions and universities in Austria, Belgium, Great Britain, Denmark, Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Portugal and other countries of the world. Within the framework of this cooperation, the exchange of teachers and students is carried out, joint scientific research and conferences are held, collections of scientific works are published, sports competitions, artistic and cultural events are held.
Scientific directions of activity:
- scientific research and projects in the field of higher education, secondary education, information and communication technologies, rational nature management, new substances and materials.
- research with awarding the Ph.D. and D.Sc. degrees in the fields of preschool, secondary, and higher education, history and archeology, philology, natural science, mathematics, economics.
Methodological directions of activity:
- implementation of innovations and experimental programmes in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the National Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education in Ukraine, other universities, enterprises, and non-governmental organizations within various projects and initiatives;
- development of occupational therapy profession in Ukraine according to international standards (Erasmus+ KA2 «UKROTHE «Developing an Occupational Therapy Study Programme in Ukraine).
- development and implementation of innovative methods, technologies and teaching aids for the New Ukrainian school;
- creation of high-quality educational and methodological support for the educational process (textbooks, educational and methodological aids, methodological recommendations, lecture notes).
Educational directions of activity:
- implementation of courses for postgraduate professional development and support to teachers from various fields and levels;
- training teachers to obtain Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD degrees;
Drohobych Ivan Franko State Pedagogical University in brief facts:
- 5 Faculties
- 23 Departments and scientific library;
- 9 educational buildings
- 11 Fields of knowledge and 47 Specialties
- 142 study programmes;
- 9 scientific schools
- 21 research/educational laboratories.
- Centre for Advanced Training and Professional development