Eight institutional frameworks for the delivery and issuance of MOOC-based micro-credentials aim to describe the technical and technological infrastructure for the development and delivery of such credentials at each CRED4TEACH higher education institution. Additionally, they will encompass a set of relevant internal strategic documents for issuing micro-credentials. Potential issues covered by these documents include:
- The overall role of the higher education institution concerned as a micro-credential provider;
- Tasks to be performed and their implementation strategy;
- Staff involved in the provision of micro-credentials, and their duties;
- Technical infrastructure for the provision of micro-credentials;
- Templates for attendees’ registration, assessment results, micro-credential supplement, etc.
These institutional frameworks are considered relevant quality assurance tools when offering micro-credentials.